XD Sr. Researcher
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose: to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Bank of America’s Experience Design team includes strategic, interaction, visual and motion designers, design program managers, content strategists, and design technologists who are constantly iterating, problem solving, and collaborating to create digital experiences that will help customers reach their financial goals in more customized, intuitive, innovative, engaging, secure, and time-saving ways.
The XD Research and Strategy Lab has a charter to explore, measure, test and experiment against all aspects of the customer experience within the Bank of America ecosystem. From financial centers and ATMs, to digital products, emerging technologies and anything in between and beyond. The XD Research and Strategy Lab is embedded with the delivery teams to ensure high quality, user-centered solutions while also identifying new opportunities to inform mid to long-range product planning.
As a Sr. Experience Design Researcher
We are looking for an ambitious, self-starter that we can plan, execute and report out on generative, evaluative and strategic research. This researcher should be able to define, inform and assess the consumer experience and focus in what matters. This researcher should have a deep passion and experience in understanding human behaviors and needs and hold themselves up to the highest standards of quality and professionalism, delivering research on-time and on-budget while finding creative ways to optimize around constraints. This researcher must be a collaborator and successfully partner with teammates from across the organization, to apply design research findings and drive optimal customer experiences. You will work closely under the guidance of the Associate Director for all initiatives and ensure high quality results.
You’re a person who has (required skills)
- At least 6 years of experience design research across channels (online, mobile, voice, or other physical customer experience channels)
- Degree in Usability Engineering, Research, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology or a related field
- Expert in the use of the latest tools and techniques in qualitative and quantitative design research
- Expert in Design Thinking and human-centered design, with experience in persona development, journey and experience mapping
- Highly skilled in planning and executing generative Design Thinking empathy research, and in planning and facilitating Design Thinking workshops and design ideation sessions
- Analytical skills and the ability to glean insights from research observations from generative and evaluative research findings and turn those insights into actionable design concepts
- Experience in ethnographic research as well as lab-based and remote qualitative and quantitative design and usability research
- The ability to identify themes and opportunities for design innovation from generative research.
- Ability take research from planning to execution and reporting to all levels in the organization.
- Strong facilitation, presentation and story-telling skills
- Ability to navigate cross functional teams to plan and execute research in a collaborative nature
- Knowledge of best practices in user interface design and the ability to make research-based design recommendations
- Knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall design and development processes
And you are a person who:
- Is a continuous learner who is open to feedback and adapts quickly and positively to change
- Is enthusiastic about experience design and research, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Has the confidence to question customer experiences & processes to make improvements
- Can take research from a vision to a plan, communicate to teammates and partners, efficiently execute foundational, generative and evaluative research and effectively present findings across different levels in the organization
- Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships
- Is exceptional at problem-solving, issue resolution and time management
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
- Master’s degree or PhD in Usability Engineering, Research, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology or a related field
- Experience with Adobe Creative tools and web analytics
- Deep knowledge of and experience with research platforms, techniques and statistical analysis
- Exceptional facility with Microsoft Power Point and Office suite
- Expertise with other presentation, prototyping and design collaboration tools
- Excellent communication and networking skills; able to drive consensus
We’re a culture that
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Loading some great jobs for you...