Chumley's, the historic New York institution from the prohibition era with a layered history, known to be visited by many famous writers such as Hemingway and Fitzgerald, is looking for professional Captains!
We are looking for a highly skilled professional, with strong service knowledge.
We are a tight-knit team and are looking for candidates who can work cohesively with the group. The ideal candidates have an unmatched enthusiasm for hospitality, a drive to constantly improve, and maintain a professional atmosphere.
The Captain position is a pooled-tip service role that works closely with all other front-of-house and back-of-house team members. The Captain's responsibilities include serving guests in a warm, accommodating, and professional manner ensuring total guest satisfaction. They are the leaders at the table in suggesting and selecting guest menu choices, serving and pouring beverages, serving and clearing plates in coordination with the assistant and food runner.
assistant Potential candidates should possess the following:
- Significant service experience in an upscale dining establishment preferred
- Ability to direct a small team
- Ability to improvise and make impromptu decisions in accordance with the steps of service and the restaurant s standards
- Strong cocktail, spirits, beer, and wine knowledge
- Strong knowledge about food
- Fine dining experience is a must